PubNub has announced their release of a Connected Car Solution Kit claiming to make real-time signalling easier for the connected car and to eliminate the problems associated with lost connectivity as you drive through tunnels, between cell towers etc etc.
PubNub’s Connected Car Solution Kit is built on a global real-time network and provides the key building blocks to “deliver scalable, real-time transportation management and dispatch applications,” including taxi, fleet management and delivery service. PubNub says that the Kit addresses the inherent challenges posed by connected vehicles, ensuring reliable, real-time message streaming and other key services like dispatch, location tracking, diagnostics and more. By automatically detecting and re-establishing dropped connections the Kit ensures that each vehicle receives missed messages as soon as the connection allows.
PubNub’s Kit offers:
- Reliable connectivity – Maintains persistent mobile network connections with vehicles, regardless of network issues, as well as auto-detection and rapid “catch-up” of messages if a vehicle is temporarily disconnected.
- Location tracking – Provides a real-time map view of all vehicle locations by streaming location data from each vehicle for delivery or arrival information.
- Dispatch – Responds to transportation demand in real-time by managing messaging and response between vehicles and dispatch.
- Vehicle state – Delivers a real-time view of fleet status and availability by detecting when vehicles are available, booked, fully-loaded and other status.
- Geo fencing – Trigger actions and alerts based on vehicle location and geographic boundaries (e.g. only vehicles within five miles get dispatch requests, customized traffic alerts, etc.).
PubNub is already used by many transportation applications, including GetTaxi’s global taxi dispatch solution which uses PubNub to differentiate their offering: “Following our launch in NY, we’ve had many comments on the strength and reliability of the technology behind GetTaxi when compared to other consumer dispatch apps,” said Shahar Waiser, founder and CEO of GetTaxi. “Much of that strength can be attributed to the partnership we have with PubNub and their real-time data push, storage, reliability and security infrastructure features.”
See more here.