The Los Angeles Auto Show (LA Auto Show®) today announced its newly selected conference director and advisory board members, recruited to direct the 2014 Connected Car Expo (CCE) scheduled for later this year.
“Technology is transforming the transportation industry so quickly that we needed to assemble some of the top thinkers helping drive this sea change to make sure we are out in front of the critical issues,” said Lisa Kaz, President of the LA Auto Show and CCE. “We are very excited to be announcing an amazing line up for the 2014 show that would not have been possible without this new team of experts leading that direction.”
The new LA Auto Show conference director is automotive industry veteran, Andy Gryc, with recent posts at QNX, W3C Automotive Business and CX3 Marketing. The rest of the CCE Advisory Board for this year’s show comprises:
- Michelle Avary, Vice President, Automotive Strategy, Aeris Communications
- Chris Cook, President, Mobile Electronics Retailers Association (MERA)
- John Ellis, Global Technologist and Head of Developer Program, Ford
- Brian Greaves, Director Product Development Emerging Devices, AT&T
- Roger C. Lanctot, Associate Director, Global Automotive Practice, Strategy Analytics
- Chris McKillop, Manager, Android Platform, Google
- Geoff Snyder, Vice President of Automotive Business Development, Pandora.
With input from the advisory board, the conference director will set the strategic direction and conference agenda for the Connected Car Expo held in conjunction with the LA Auto Show Press Days November 18, 19 and 20. The team will also help guide thought leadership presentations at the CCE event taking place at CTIA’s Super Mobility Week in Las VegasSeptember 9, 10 and 11, 2014. New for this year at the LA Auto Show Press Days is a Connected City Summit, which will address how technology is transforming everything from transportation to safety to infrastructure in modern cities. The conference director and advisory board will be instrumental in shaping all of these events.
Over the next few months, the LA Auto Show and CCE will be announcing additional details including session topics and leading industry participants.