AppCarousel, provider of software platforms for connected vehicles and the Internet of Things (IoT), has announced the launch of the AppCarousel Monetization Suite for the automotive market.
The Monetization Suite builds on AppCarousel’s Connected Car Platform to deliver an automotive platform that includes a package of subscriber management and monetization services.
The AppCarousel Monetization Suite provides single sign-on access, user profile and entitlements management, and a commerce experience in a single OEM-branded interface. Whilst the Suite works with the AppCarousel Connected Car Platform it can also be integrated into any third party automotive platform.
The Monetization Suite enables automotive manufacturers and their Tier 1 vendors to:
- deliver and enable a variety of digital assets including apps, content, and software enhancements
- handle all types of business models including free to use, subscriptions, pay-per-use and paid upgrades
- securely bill customers in a flexible manner over-the-air
- offer a range of global currencies and payment methods
- manage and pay partners that contribute the apps, content and value-added services
- manage driver profiles and vehicle entitlements to services
AppCarousel’s Managing Director Terry Hughes and Board Member of the Connected Vehicle Trade Association (CVTA) said of the initiative that:
“We have identified that the next wave of the connected car is monetization via enhanced value-added services that are critical to driving brand loyalty for automakers. Drivers are saying that they are willing to pay for high quality in-vehicle infotainment, premium features, and services from their chosen car brand. As the ecosystem of connected car services grows, car manufacturers are in a great position to offer unique features and unlock new revenue streams.”
AppCarousel demonstrated its Monetization Suite for connected cars at the TU Automotive Detroit Show in a joint demonstration with Wind River on June 8-9 in Novi, Michigan.